Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: any social d songs you don't like?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dix0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2004
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    now, social distortion are definitely my favorite band. and of all my favorite bands, they probably have the least bad songs per album.

    i was trying to think the other day about songs i don't like by them. theres really none i dislike, just a very select few that seem mediocre to me. and its often just cause i've heard them so many times, i'm temporarily disenchanted with them, lol.

    anyways, as of now they are:

    king of fools (kinda lame IMO)
    the wanderer (dion cover)
    mainliner
    another state of mind
    justice for all
    and a few off prison bound.

    i think thats pretty damn good though for how many songs they've wrote over the years.

    and i think overall, my least favorite SD album is prison bound, but my favorite SD song is prison bound.

    i realize this thread is pointless but i can't sleep. sorry fellas ;]

    oh and since i'm already gibbering, i think my favorite song right now is angel's wings. i can't wait to hear the album version.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Cheating at Solitaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like mainliner, king of fools and another state of mind, but your right, the wanderer sucks and they have some crappy stuff on prison bound(no pain no gain, for example)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member foxiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No Pain No Gain is actually one of my favorite songs. I love it. Oh well, to each his own.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sickboyking79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a list of songs I usually skip and dont listen to very much!!...I'm listing the album and the songs I don't like on that album.

    Prison Bound:
    Like An Outlaw (For You)

    Self-Titled:
    It Coulda Been Me
    She's A Knockout
    Drug Train

    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell:
    Born To Lose
    Bye Bye Baby
    Sometimes I Do
    This Time Darlin'
    Ghost Town Blues

    White Light, White Heat, White Trash:
    Crown Of Thorns


    Now my favorite songs from Social Distortion are:

    1.Mainliner
    2.It?s The Law (PoshBoy)
    3.Under My Thumb
    4.1945
    5.Playpen
    6.Mass Hysteria
    7.Lude Boy
    8.The Creeps
    9.Another State Of Mind
    10.It Wasn?t A Pretty Picture
    11.Telling Them
    12.Hour Of Darkness
    13.Mommy?s Little Monster
    14.Anti-Fashion
    15.All The Answers
    16.Moral Threat
    17.It?s The Law
    18.Indulgence
    19.Backstreet Girl
    20.Prison Bound
    21.No Pain No Gain
    22.On My Nerves
    23.I Want What I Want
    24.Lawless

    Social Distortion: 1990-1996
    1.So Far Away
    2.Let It Be Me
    3.Story Of My Life
    4.Sick Boy
    5.Ring Of Fire
    6.Ball and Chain
    7.A Place In My Heart
    8.Cold Feelings
    9.Bad Luck
    10.Making Believe
    11.When She Begins
    12.99 To Life
    13.King Of Fools
    14.Dear Lover
    15.Don?t Drag Me Down
    16.Untitled
    17.I Was Wrong
    18.Thru These Eyes
    19.Down On The World Again
    20.When The Angels Sing
    21.Gotta Know The Rules
    22.Pleasure Seeker
    23.Down Here With The Rest Of Us
    24.Under My Thumb

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 26, 2004 05:25 PM: Message edited by: sickboyking79 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member M.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2003
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    crown of thorns is one of my favorites, but bye bye baby really sucks that's a fact. Sometimes I do is another good song like the other you mentioned.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Cheating at Solitaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, i could take the time to try to defend all the songs you people are saying you don't like, but I'm too lazy, so let me just say, I don't dislike any social d songs, however there are some i like less than others, but I love them all, (especially the songs from SBHAH and WLWHWT)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cheating at Solitaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, i could take the time to try to defend all the songs you people are saying you don't like, but I'm too lazy, so let me just say, I don't dislike any social d songs, however there are some i like less than others, but I love them all, (especially the songs from SBHAH and WLWHWT)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cbojanower's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always found that what Social D songs I listen to most / or avoid depends on were I am in life. A few standout a few I don't miss

    In 82 when I first heard Mainliner (Fuck that makes me feel old) I had just had a High School girlfriend commit suicide rather than dealing with her addiction, it was devastating, at least now I can listen to it and be glad I am here still.

    The other day I was wondering through a shop in the local mall and heard "Drug Train" never one of my favorites, but it was cool to hear it instead of one of the more popular Social D songs and I have listened to it a few more times than I used to since then

    So I guess there aren't any I don't like, but those that I listen to change year to year

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    some of you may have heard the bootleg recording of "i cant run no more". GOD that song gets on my nerves. Im glad that never made it into their typical setlist and its not on their new record.

    i skip over "let it be me" and "so far away". I dont know, its like they are the same song or something.

    --steve

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DopeFiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Cheating at Solitaire:
    Ok, i could take the time to try to defend all the songs you people are saying you don't like, but I'm too lazy, so let me just say, I don't dislike any social d songs, however there are some i like less than others, but I love them all, (especially the songs from SBHAH and WLWHWT)
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's exactly how I feel about it. Well said, pal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •